Saturday, September 19, 2026

Bumps in the Road

I'm sitting at the car dealership having work done on mom's car. I'm approaching the fifth hour. When I arrived at 7:30 AM, I did not anticipate it being such a long process. Evidently I was not the only one who thought today was a good day for car service. I won't lie, I'd rather be at home on this Saturday morning. And yet it has allowed me the opportunity to get a lot of little stuff done that I would have put off if I was at home. Things like Bible study, writing notes, cleaning up my phone etc.

As I am approaching what I hope Is the last leg of this car service appointmenat, I thought I would take a minute to share a bit here. Mom and I got to spend some time at our local emergency room this week when food was lodged in her esophagus. Although food caught in her throat was not a new or uncommon experience for her, being unable to clear it on her own was. After three hours , we decided we needed to seek medical attention. It felt like an extremely long experience but in reality , we were in and out of the hospital in under twenty four hours. This include multiple test, an attempt to clear via help of medication and eventually an endoscopy procedure. Overall , she received good  and attentive care from the hospital staff. Except for some throat soreness, she seems to be on the mend. I'm grateful for those who took care of her and my extremely understanding work place which allowed me to stay with her.

Last night I received a call from Peter as he was headed home from work early. He was sent home after a verbal exchange with a coworker. He was told the HR person would call so the status of his Job is unclear. This has happened before , and he was able to return to work the next day.
 He talked with me for a long time and revealed to me how stressful the job has been for him.  He told me this morning that he messaged HR and told them if he was fired that was fine , and if not, he was giving them his two weeks notice. Of course this causes me some anxiety. His work record does not make getting new jobs particularly easy. And other experiences like this have led to mental downward spirals. However, I have to say in talking with him last night that although there is some grandiose thought and an overall lostness spiritually, there are a lot of things I am proud of him for. And honestly, his recognizing the stress that he is feeeling, is a good thing. Hard labor in a cold storage warehouse from 3:30 pm to midnight is more than many of us would be willing to do. He is currently applying to other jobs. As always , thank you for your prayers for God's provisions for him as well as spiritual eyes to be open.

No comments: